The Working Class Writers Grant (WCWG) is offered by Creative Debuts in collaboration with our partners and the grant selectors The White Pube. This is a no-strings attached financial support to help writers of all ages who are in the early stages of their careers. They can spend the grant on whatever they want – be that make new work, buy equipment or materials, travel, research, visit exhibitions or conferences, or to even just cover some life expenses.
This grant has been set up because some writers publish work on their own websites with little to no funding to encourage them; others pitch to established publications and, if they are lucky, might get paid occasionally, to write for somebody else. It is difficult to keep going and harder still to carve out the time to write, which is what writing needs, and so we hope this grant will help towards those challenges in some small way.
Before you apply, please read the grant details below:
· A recipient will be chosen monthly by The White Pube
· This grant is open to individuals, collaborations and groups
· The writing could be fiction or nonfiction, creative, criticism, whatever it is you’re working on.
· Applicants must be based in the UK.
· Recipients will be chosen monthly by a Creative Debuts selector partner
The grant is currently supported by Creative Debuts. We are always open to having new sponsors join the team. If this is of interest, please email email@example.com